Yoga is beneficial for mental and physical health. This has been proven and tested since the exercise is already 5,000 years old. You must be one of the people who’s worried about your weight. This is why doing yoga is highly recommended. In this article, you will find out which yoga is best to reduce belly fat.
Bow Pose or Dhanurasana
Which yoga is best to reduce belly fat? The first pose that you need to learn about is the bow pose or the Dhanurasana, which is best to reduce belly and countering fat around your waist. Also, it works great for toning your abdomen.
Furthermore, it also stretches your back, your thighs, your arms, and your chest, which then improves your posture as well.
- Lie face down and with your palms up.
- Slowly exhale and then bend your knees with your heels close to your buttocks.
- Reach for your ankles and hold them.
- Make sure that the knees are not spread wider than your hips.
- Inhale, and then lift your heels and your thighs from the floor.
- Make sure that as you lift, your shoulder blades are pressed firmly against your back to keep the heart or the chest area open.
- Make sure that the shoulders are away from the ears.
- Keep gazing forward.
- Keep breathing
- Do the pose for 20 to 30 seconds.
- Release the pose and then exhale.
- Do the pose a few more times.
Mountain Pose or Tadasana
Mountain pose or tadasana can also be the answer to the question “Which yoga is best to reduce belly fat?” because it is not only the best foundation of all standing poses, but it also helps with your posture.
- Stand with heels slightly apart and with the toes of your feet touching the ground.
- Sway back and forth and side to side while lifting your toes and spreading them.
- Make sure to keep your thigh muscles firm and slightly lift the knee caps.
- Also, raise your inner ankles, turn the upper thighs inward.
- Lengthen your tailbone toward the floor and lift your pubis toward your navel.
- Press your shoulder blades toward your back, and don’t forget to breathe in and out.
- Hang your arms beside your torso and widen your collarbones.
- Balance the crown of your head over the center of your pelvis, making sure that your chin is directly parallel to the floor.
- Do the Tadasana pose for 30 seconds to one minute.
Plank Pose or Kumbhakasana
The next pose that answers the question, “Which yoga is best to reduce belly fat?” is the plank pose or Kumbhakasana. It is also useful when it comes to strengthening your core, increasing your muscle definition, heightens your metabolism, improves your balance, and boosts your mood and relieve you from stress.
- Inhale and put your torso parallel to the floor, arms forward with the shoulders parallel to the wrists.
- Firmly base your index fingers to the floor and position your outer arms inward.
- Spread your shoulder blades against your back and away from the spine.
- Spread your collarbones away from your sternum.
- Press the front of your thighs toward the ceiling.
- Make sure to do this pose for 30 seconds to one minute.
Sun Salutation or Surya Namaskar
The next pose is one of the most challenging yoga poses that can help you lose those excess belly fats and help with your posture, your mood, and your energy level.
Surya Namaskar is a series of poses that will warm and strengthen your entire body. This is the last one in this list because, aside from it being the most challenging, it also serves as an all-purpose yoga tool for your body and your mentality.
- Do the mountain pose
- Focus for a few minutes on the sun inside of you.
- Dedicate the whole practice to that inner sun.
- Move consciously during the warm-up.
Do Urdhva Hastasana or Upward Salute
- Inhaling, create wide arcs with your arms above your head.
Do Uttanasana or Standing forward bend
- Exhaling, fold forward while creating wide arcs.
- Slightly bend your knees.
- Make sure your head hangs freely from your upper spine.
Ardha Uttanasana or Half Standing Forward Bend
- Inhale, put your fingertips on the floor.
- Keep your elbows straight.
- Make sure that your torso is lifted away from your thighs.
- Arch your torso evenly.
- Exhale, put your right foot back and form a lunge.
- Bend your knee and make your shin parallel to the floor.
- Inhale and reach back.
- Look forward to straining your muscles.
Adho Mukha Svanasana or Downward Facing Dog Pose
- Exhale, step your left foot backward.
- Make sure to spread your palms and soles.
- Do the plank pose as instructed in the plank pose section above.
Chaturanga Dandasana or Four-limbed Staff Posed
- Exhale, bend your elbows as if doing a partial push-up.
- Make sure to lift your thighs away from the floor.
- If you find this difficult, place the knees on the floor.
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana or Upward Facing Dog Pose
- Inhaling, extend your arms and lift your arms forward.
- Make sure you can feel your legs actively.
- Keep your shoulders away from your ears.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
- Exhale and go back to the Down Dog pose.
- Step the right foot forward, forming the lunge.
- Then inhale, going back to Ardha Uttasana.
- Exhale to Uttanasana
- Inhale to Urdhva Hastasana
- Exhale to Tadasana
Which yoga is best to reduce belly fat? That is the million-dollar question. In this article, I introduced four of the best yoga poses to reduce the tummy. Learning these yoga poses will not only keep your mind sound, and will also help you stay in shape.