What Is A TRX Workout Routine?
Yoga helps strengthen our core muscles through the various physical stretches and positions that yoga requires. Pairing yoga with a lot of other workouts like the TRX workout is advantageous to be able to garner the best results possible. What is TRX workout routine? In this article, we will answer that question. We will also follow it up with how the TRX routine is applicable in yoga and the steps to take to have an efficient TRX workout.
To be able to understand the TRX workout in-depth, we will be talking about the history of TRX, what TRX is all about, and knowing the basics of how TRX workout routine works.
History Of TRX Workout
What is TRX workout routine, and where did it come from? A former U.S. Navy Seal invented the TRX workout routine. TRX stands for Total-Body Resistance Exercise. It turns every exercise into a challenge by utilizing natural elements, your body, and gravity. The TRX workout routine requires you to have the TRX straps that are pretty much the primary tool we use on this workout. Although we do need to hang the belts first, it’s as simple as picking a substantial spot, preferably elevated, to hang the straps in, and you are good to go.
What is TRX workout routine? TRX workout is also called suspension training. It improves your muscular strength and endurance at the same time, enhances the flexibility of your joints. Sounds a lot like yoga, right? Because the TRX workout is so unstable, it always attacks the core muscles of your body and improves your balance over time. The progressions in the exercise are endless, and anyone who practices yoga can benefit from the TRX routine.
How To Do The TRX Workout?
The TRX workout, just like yoga, has a lot of positions and techniques that make simple exercises more challenging. First, you have to secure your TRX straps to something elevated and reliable. To give out some suggestions, try a pole, a tree, mount them on the wall or ceiling. The TRX straps should be solid enough to support your weight and some force you will soon be applying.
We will take a look at how we can apply the TRX workout on activities we are familiar with during exercise.
For TRX push-up, you should first have the straps dangle around the mid-calf level. Once you get the straps dangling follow these steps:
- Lie on your belly facing away from the straps.
- Place both feet it the handles of the straps.
- Make sure that your feet have elevated when they get into the handles.
- With your palms on the ground, do a push up while your feet suspended off the ground.
- Make sure your body is in a straight direction when you have fully stretched your arms.
- Bend your elbows back down to the ground slowly on starting position.
- Now you have made one rep. Repeat the steps 4 to 6 around 8-12 times for a full TRX push-up workout.
The TRX push-up works well with another TRX routine that we will be discussing next.
For TRX crunch, you should first have the straps dangle around the mid-calf level. Once you get the straps dangling follow these steps:
- Lie on your belly facing away from the strap.
- Now place both feet in the handles of the straps.
- Make sure your feet have elevated when they get into the handles.
- With your palms on the ground, raise your body and suspend in a straight line from head to toe.
- Bend your knees as close to your chest area as you can.
- Extend your knees back out, and that makes it one rep.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 around 8- 15 times for a full TRX crunch workout.
TRX Low Row
For TRX low row, you should first have the straps dangle around the mid-calf level. Once you get the straps dangling follow these steps:
- While standing in front of the strap, hold on to the handles and bring it to your chest.
- Take a few steps back to tighten the belts in an angle, just enough that the handles don’t go over your chest.
- Secure your heels and plant them on the ground solid.
- Now lean back slowly until your arms reach a full extension.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades center and your elbows close to your sides.
- Pull back slowly towards the handles.
- That makes it one rep. Now repeat steps 3 to 6 around 8 to 12 times for a full TRX LOW ROW workout.
The TRX low row works well with TRX balance lunge.
TRX Balance Lunge
What is TRX workout routine - balance lunge, you should first have the straps dangle around the mid-calf level. Once you get the straps dangling follow these steps:
- While standing in front and facing the strap, hold on to the handles and bring it to your chest.
- Take a few steps back to tighten the belts in an angle, just enough that the handles are below the nipples.
- Lift your right leg and bend your right knee at a 90-degree angle and send it backward
- Stand back up
- Lift your left leg and bend your left knee at a 90-degree angle and carry it backward.
- Stand back up
- That is one rep. Repeat steps 3 to 6 around 20 times to have a full TRX Balance Lunge workout.
Now that we have answered the question, what is TRX workout routine? It is time for you to apply it to your yoga sessions. The TRX workout routine is very beneficial since it increases our core strength, our balance, and flexibility. The results of the workout will make it easier for you to perform the various challenging positions in yoga much more effectively. The TRX routine is simple, and you can do it anywhere. I hope that this article has shed some light on your yoga knowledge. Just remember that yoga stretches far beyond the mat, it is a way of life. Namaste.
May 11, 2020
by: Maureen Tillis
People who are into workout want to get the best training they can get, even if such requires hard techniques and challenging moves.