People who are into workout want to get the best training they can get, even if such requires hard techniques and challenging moves. This made the TRX workout famous to everyone. So, what is TRX workout? TRX workout is one of the challenging training that uses gravity and a person’s body weight. It allows you to work against gravity.
What is TRX Workout, and How Does it Work?
TRX stands for Total Resistance Exercise. It is a specialized form of exercise that utilizes the person’s body weight and gravity, thus creating resistance. The training is designed to develop balance, flexibility, strength, and muscle build-up.
The training is done with the use of a special strap design.
When you perform the TRX workout, it challenges several muscle groups. This forces your body to engage your core while performing each exercise. Your body weight becomes the machine in this training. You can adjust the level of difficulty to get to the desired toning of muscles.
The Benefits of TRX training
A lot of people still do not know what is TRX workout. And they wonder if they can benefit from it. The benefits the TRX provide are definitely unique than that of the other exercises.
- Suitable for Everyone. The TRX workout is designed for everyone unless you have a physical condition that prevents you from engaging in intense activities. The training is suitable for skilled and new athletes. If you are into a new hobby and want to undergo intense training, then this workout is best for you.
- Easy to Set-up. The TRX training only requires you to use a TRX strap. With this type of workout, space is never a problem. You can have it set up in your bedroom, living room, or even in a small area outside your house. And since the strap is handy and easy to carry, you can always bring it with you when you travel and set it up in your hotel. With this, you do not have to miss the workout.
- Helps Build a Solid Core. If you are aiming to get a visible six-pack, taking TRX training is a good choice. This is because this workout concentrates and starts on the core. It uses functional movements to help increase your overall core fitness.
- Delivers fast result. TRX workout is an effective body training, so knowing what is TRX workout will give you information as well as its remarkable result. You can see its result after a few months of working out. The TRX allows you to perform hundreds of movements that let you engage in a total body workout. And since you are working with one training tool, you can experiment with your moves, as long as you focus on your fitness goal.
Here are other guides for your training goals:
Top TRX Training
Because of TRX’s effectiveness, people are curious about knowing what is TRX workout and how to do it. Below are the top TRX workouts you can perform. These are also applicable to beginners.
This type of TRX training is done for 30 seconds, counting three sets of pushups with the TRX tool.
- Stand facing away from the tool.
- Your feet and shoulder width should be apart
- Hold the handles at chest height in front of you
- Your arms are extended, and your palms are facing the floor
- Your body should be in a straight line, from head to toe
Once you are settled with your position, do the push up with your feet on your toes. Count three sets, and then you are done.
For the starting position, do the following:
- Lie faceup under the TRX with your knees bent
- Hold the TRX handle over your chest
- Extend your arms and your palms facing each other
When pulling, bend your elbows until your body is aligned from your shoulders to knees. Then extend your arms to return to the starting position. Complete this for three sets. It can be done for 30 seconds.
- Stand facing away from the TXR handle
- Keep your hip-width apart
- Lean forward
- Grasp the handle in front of your face
- Your elbows should be bent at 90 degrees
- Your palm is facing you.
Do the movement by extending your arms and then bend elbows to return to the starting position. You can complete the three sets for 30 seconds.
- Stand facing away from the TRX
- Feet hip-width should be apart
- Lean forward
- Hold the handle and position it in front of your face
- Elbows are bend 90 degrees and palm facing away from you
To do the exercise, extend your arms then bent to return to the starting position. Make sure to keep your body straight while performing this exercise. Complete three sets in 30 seconds.
- Stand facing the TRX
- Hold handles high in front of you
- Your palm should be facing each other
- Bend left knee at 90 degrees
- Shift weight to the right leg
From your starting position, rise-up onto the ball of the right foot and lift left knee to hip height in front of you and bend elbows. Pull the handles toward your chest. Then return to the starting position. Switch sides to complete the set of three. Complete this in 30 seconds.
>>Related articles that you may like:
- What Is A TRX Workout Routine?
- What Are TRX Straps?
- What To Look For In Getting Trx Straps
- How To Clean TRX Straps The Proper Way
- How Many Calories Does TRX Workout Burn?
There are lots of exercises out there that would help you get the desired muscle toning you need. But the TRX workout is often recommended because it allows your whole body to engage, and it efficiently tones your muscles. But the same with other exercises, it requires patience and determination, as well as consistency in doing the training. Learn more about what is TRX workout. Check with your friends or ask them to join you. Many fitness facilities offer TRX classes to help you get started.