What Cons To Look Out For In Getting A Sleep Yoga Pillow
We use pillows normally when we take a nap. It gives us a better sleeping position. It can also be used in your daily exercise, like yoga. But these are not the usual pillows on your bed. They’re yoga pillows. If you’re planning to get one, it’s your lucky day! This article will give you the cons that you need to look out for in a sleep yoga pillow. Read on.
What It Can Do
Yoga bolster, sleep yoga pillow, or simply yoga pillow. This is the name that we hear in our yoga session. But what exactly is it, and what can it do for us? If we are going to compare it to a regular pillow, this pillow differs in shape and build. As we can all feel, most of our pillows in the bed are soft and smooth. But yoga pillows aren’t like that. They can be rectangular or circular. Plus, they are firmer. So, what can it do for you?
- It will help you focus on the position that you are trying to achieve.
- It will help you relax your muscles while doing a specific pose.
- It will support your every movement.
- If you have weak knees and sensitive wrist, using this will prevent you from having injuries.
- It will support your spine when you lie down for a difficult position.
- This is perfect if you’re pregnant because your muscles feel stretched and sore.
- It will help you keep your balance.
- It helps promote good posture or body alignment.
Cons to Look Out for in Getting a Sleep Yoga Pillow
Your yoga bolster pillow should be firm. But if yours make you sink while doing a pose, it is poorly padded. Having a filled yoga bolster will help you strike a pose and support you in every position you make. You can prevent having a poorly padded yoga bolster if you try the sample. Make sure you won’t sink when you lay back or press on it.
To keep the bacteria and germs away from our sleep yoga pillow, we should wash the cover at least 2 to 3 times a week. That’s because the cover is where our sweat and dirt goes in every session. And if this duo stays on the surface of the cover, it may trigger your allergy, cause irritation, or have a bad-smelling pillow. Choose the one that has a machine washable cover so you can keep it clean and fresh-smelling.
Support plays a big role in doing yoga postures. It would be hard for you to follow a specific posture if you are not comfortable on the surface. Aside from that, if your yoga bolster is non-supportive, your blood circulation is compromised. Meaning, yes, you do your exercise, but you're your body is suffering. Remember that a good yoga bolster can support your backbend as well as the easy poses. To help you get the best, try these options below:
- Yoga Accessories Pranayama Cotton Yoga Bolster
- Gaiam Rectangular Yoga Bolster
- Bean Products Best Yoga Bolster
- Peace Yoga Zafu Meditation Yoga Cotton Bolster
- Yoga Accessories Supportive Round Yoga Bolster
- Lotus Crafts Yoga Bolster
- Yoga Accessories Supportive Cotton Yoga Bolster
Indeed, your yoga bolster should be firm but not too stiff. Using a stiff bolster will not help relax your muscles. Moreover, doing your positions with this will promote swelling or inflammation. That's because you will be using it for a long time. As an effect, your knees will start to feel numb, and your back will start to hurt. So make sure that your yoga pillow is not too stiff and not too fluffy. Find out more about yoga pillows.
When yoga is part of your daily routine, you will wish to have a companion to help you relax your muscles and give you comfort while working on your positions. This is where the purpose of the sleep yoga pillow works. Now that we have given you the tips on what to look out for in bad bolsters, you can be sure that you will get the right one.
May 5, 2021
by: Alana Patrick
Do you feel discomfort and pressing pain in your body when practicing yoga poses? Do you want to perform the full range of yoga positions at your home?