Yoga is therapy for both the body and the mind. It serves as a reliever of stress, anxiety, and body ailments. Furthermore, it can also help you manage your weight and be on top of your diet. So, is yoga covered by health insurance? The direct answer to that is no; it is not covered by health insurance, but there can be ways for it to be covered.
What is Preventive Health Care?
What is preventive health care? For you to understand how yoga can help with your health, you should first understand what preventive health care is.
Preventive health care is the prevention of illnesses or diseases using preventive measures. And, yoga is one of the preventive measures along with a variety of other methods.
So, why is the answer to the question “is yoga covered by health insurance” no?
Why Health Insurance Doesn’t Cover It?
Since the answer to the question “Is yoga covered by health insurance?” is no, the next issue would be, why isn’t it covered, right?
Why isn’t yoga covered by health insurance when it is trendy and is known as one of the most effective cures and treatments for different types of illnesses may it be mental, physical, or emotional.
The thing is, even though yoga has been of big help for patients, and it has been one way to prevent various diseases like cancer, it is still lumped together with “non-traditional treatments.” Other examples of “non-traditional treatments” are herbal therapy and naturotherapy because it does not involve any medicine.
Check out these yoga guides to practice yoga safely:
What Have Studies Found?
Aside from the answer to the question “Is yoga covered by health insurance?” studies have found that yoga poses a lot of benefits for our mental and physical health. Those benefits include:
- Cardiovascular health– Yoga does a great job when it comes to cardiovascular health development. It is said to improve blood circulation and increases the supply of oxygen to the blood.
- Stress Management– Aside from improving blood circulation, yoga also does a good job when it comes to stress management. The meditation and the breathing sequence will help relieve you of stress and anxieties and will help you feel more relaxed.
- Depression– another thing that yoga can deal with is depression. The meditation also helps manage depression. It takes you to a better and calm place when you meditate and take deep breaths. This way, you can deal with the “demons” and make them all go away.
- Anxiety– next, another thing that you have to watch out for is anxiety. And, luckily, yoga exercises also deal well with stress. It calms your mind and takes you into that zen mode, which helps you get rid of your anxiety.
- Cancer– the last disease is cancer. Specifically, breast cancer. Three people tested positive of breast cancer and were also tasked to go through three months of yoga practice. And, after that, the inflammations were lower by 10 to 15 percent which means that it is biologically possible for yoga to cure or lessen the risks of cancer.
This is why instead of the answer to the question “Is yoga covered by health insurance?”, being no, it is not, it should be yes. However, as of the moment, only a few plans are open to including yoga as one of the methods for preventive health care or for curing diseases and mental illnesses.
Yoga Needs to Be Covered
Now that you see that there are a lot of diseases that yoga can help manage. This is why it is essential for yoga to be covered by health insurance plans.
Yoga not only helps manage diseases or illnesses, but it also helps people better their lives and learns how they can live peacefully. What we can do is to request for it to be included in our health insurance plans so that more people can get access to it or afford it.
And, so that more people can better their lives, manage their demons, and even manage anxieties. So, maybe soon, the answer to the question “Is yoga covered by health insurance?” will be a big “YES, it is covered!”.
>>Related articles that you may like:
Applying for yoga practices or sessions can be expensive, so it can be a great help for people who needs it. Studies have proven that it manages a lot of diseases and illnesses and helps you live healthier and happier.
Furthermore, yoga can prevent the burden of dealing with a lot of other diseases, including cancer. This is why the answer to “Is yoga covered by health insurance?” should soon change.
Yoga has to be covered because it might just be one of the chances for people to survive from depression, anxiety, and some other diseases that jeopardize their lives.