How To Use TRX Suspension Trainers For Full-Body Workout
TRX is a popular home gym equipment. TRX Suspension trainers are easy to use and simple to learn. They are mostly used by athletes and sports enthusiasts of all levels and all ages. They also come in handy for summer workout adventures as they don’t take up a lot of space and are simple to pack and carry around. In this article, you will learn how to use TRX suspension trainers.
TRX Suspension Trainer and Its Uses
The TRX, short for total-body resistance exercise, uses a system of straps that comes with a pair of handles. It is a training tool to utilize your body weight and gravity to provide resistance and force the user to engage all muscles, which will keep your body balanced.
It involves inverted rows, jump squats, and push-ups, among many others. Its handles can be used to anchor your hands or feet, which allows for a ton of single-leg exercises. It is incorporating your balance into the weightlifting equation, forcing you to engage your midsection and back throughout every movement.
Why Use TRX Suspension Trainer?
TRX is a unique training tool that uses your body weight and gravity to perform a particular exercise. Suspension training entails tough body movements and positions that enable your muscles and joints to work simultaneously. It also increases your heart rate, which makes it a great cardiovascular workout.
The TRX row primarily hits all your major muscle groups at your back, such as the rhomboids and trapezius. Your shoulders and the core are also the primary considerations.
The use of a TRX suspension trainer can help strengthen your shoulder stabilizers, spinal erectors, and abdominal muscles. This exercise can help prevent injuries to your shoulders and lower back, as it also improves your overall coordination for day-to-day life.
Now, let’s get to how to use TRX suspension trainers.
How to Use TRX Suspension Trainers: Step-by-Step Instructions
The great thing about TRX training is its portable cables that enable you to do your workout routine anywhere you desire to. You have to make sure that there is an area where they can be securely attached, and you are ready to do the exercise. Here is a step-by-step instruction on how to use TRX suspension trainers:
- Hold the handles of your suspension trainer, one in each hand. Step backward and away from the point where the suspension trainer is attached until the suspension trainer, and your arms are forming a straight line.
- Position your feet with a hip-distance apart. Stand with good posture. Roll your shoulders back and keep them in place. Then, engage your core and start leaning back. Your weight should be on your heels.
- Start stepping your feet forward so your body creates an angle with the ground. Your feet and your arms are supporting your body weight, but your core remains engaged to prevent any sagging of the hips.
- Turn the suspension trainer handles inward, so each palm is facing the other. Make sure your hands are chest-width apart. Keep them in this position throughout the exercise. Then, take a breath in.
- Use your upper back muscles, arms, and shoulders to pull your chest and torso up toward the handles of the suspension trainer. Bend your elbows while you pull yourself up. Squeeze your shoulder blades together and keep your elbows close to your body. Exhale as you go, and keep pulling until your chest is even with your hands.
- Hold the top position for a second, then reverse the movement. Lower yourself back slowly to the starting position as you inhale. Don’t drop down to your starting position.
- Complete a full set of repetitions. Exit the movement by walking your feet backward until you are standing upright. If you find you can only complete a few good repetitions at a given body angle, feel free to adjust.
Suspension training is known for its many health benefits and injury prevention benefits, given the proper procedure and good practice. TRX suspension training is an appropriate exercise for you to try. As long as you’ve been doing an exercise routine, it won’t do any harm to you, though it requires a baseline level of core engagement and stability.
Whether you are a beginner or a pro, it is vital to know how to use TRX suspension trainers because this type of training will help you improve in all aspects of your fitness journey. It is also a great way to upgrade your weekly routine and to add diversity to your fitness training. Know more about TRX suspensions.
Ready to Begin Your Yoga Journey The Right Way? Discover the BEST-SELLING YOGA FITNESS SYSTEM for Women!
April 3, 2021
by: Ruthie Harvey
You cannot start your TRX suspension training without the proper equipment, and the only equipment you need is your TRX suspension trainers or straps, your own body, and gravity.