How To Tie A Yoga Strap To Improve Posture
A yoga strap is either made of high-quality cotton, nylon, or synthetic leather. It is a multifunctional, ingenious material that has aided yoga practitioners not only to help them transport their mats but also to perform complex poses. These poses are performed to achieve proper posture. The secret to achieving the best posture lies on the tying technique. If you are wondering how to tie a yoga strap to improve your posture, just read through to find out.
Yoga to the Rescue
Slouching is a result of poor posture – it is unattractive. Not to mention that poor posture can lead to chronic back pains in the long run. Multiple physical exercises can correct your posture. However, the highly recommended form these days is yoga.
Yoga is about allowing your body to adapt to certain physical exercises slowly. It is about conditioning your body to listen to your brain and vice versa to make sure that you would do yourself good than harm. Yoga is about moderation and consistency.
Improving your posture cannot happen overnight; it would take some time before you get used to all the poses. However, the final result of doing yoga religiously is a healthy body, which includes improved posture, healthy mind, and spirit.
There are seven yoga asanas that you can implore for you to improve your posture. Just like in all yoga practices, you have to be patient with yourself while doing these poses. Your body needs to get used to these poses for your body to adjust according and work its way through having the best posture. They are:
- Standing forward bend hands-to-feet pose
- Half lord of fishes
- Seated forward bend
- Lord of the dance pose
- Reclining hand to big toe pose
- Cow face pose
- Yoga upper body strap-brace
These are basic poses that you need to perform with a yoga strap. However, you should know how to tie a yoga strap properly to execute the poses correctly to achieve the best results. Among the asana, the yoga upper body strap-base is something that you can adapt even not fully participating in a yoga exercise.
You can do the upper body strap to help you avoid slouching even when you're at home or work. You need to do it properly to avoid discomfort.
Steps on How to Tie a Yoga Strap to Avoid Slouching
The details below are a step-by-step guide that will walk you through on how to tie a yoga strap and use the upper body strap-base technique to avoid slouching.
- You need to take a long strap. For women, you can wrap it around your bra line. For men, you can wrap the strap at the base tip of your shoulder blades. Pull the extra length in front of you, make sure both ends are even.
- Holding each end with each hand, throw the left end over your left shoulder and throw the right end over your right shoulder.
- The two ends of the strap should be hanging freely on your back. Now with your right hand, pull the left end of the strap across your back through the right side of your bra line. With your left hand, pull the right end of the strap across your back through the left side of your bra line. The strap on your back should resemble and x figure. Tug both sides so that you can feel your head and shoulder rollback.
- Bring the excess strap back to the front. Secure the rest of the strap by buckling it at your breastbone. Again, you need to tighten it. Make sure that you are still comfortable with how tight the straps are.
These benefits of doing the upper body strap-base include relief of back pain, it opens the chest and shoulders, and of course, it improves posture. If you wish to do the rest of the asana, you can refer to online tutorials for tips on how to tie a yoga strap and to properly execute the poses. Find out more about yoga straps.
Benefits of Proper Posture
Two of the timeless advice you receive from our parents or from people who are older than you are “sit properly” and “stand up straight." It is something that you can pay attention to. As a general form of body language, your posture reveals a lot of you – your level of confidence and your attitude.
If you stand straight or sit properly, you will be perceived as someone strong and confident while you might be deemed as someone with low self-esteem and unintelligent if otherwise. The prejudice of poor posture is harsh, but it is happening. However, it is amazing as to your knowledge of yoga, and your skill on how to tie a yoga strap can change the way you present yourself and probably change the way you see things. Good luck!
Ready to Begin Your Yoga Journey The Right Way? Discover the BEST-SELLING YOGA FITNESS SYSTEM for Women!
April 3, 2021
by: Craig Elsworth
Having a good posture can help keep your joints and bones aligned. This way, your joints can be strengthened, and you can avoid any discomfort or pains on your joints or your back.