How To Make A Homemade TRX Suspension Trainer
Suspension trainers are an amazing workout tool because they offer support for a variety of exercises. However, TRX suspension trainers can be costly. A TRX training system can cost between $100 to $200. With the right tools and knowledge, you will be able to know how to make a homemade TRX suspension trainer. I will explain to you how you can put together your own trainers, set it up at home, and some safety tips. Not all of us have the luxury of being able to afford TRX suspension trainers or a gym membership, so if you want to try TRX suspension training at home, you can gather a few tools, and before you know it, you'll be working out like the pros.
The Benefits of Exercising With Suspension Trainers
A lot of people work out using different equipment and tools, or with the use of resistance bands. But if you want to level up your fitness 'and tone up your body,
Why should you try a DIY TRX suspension system or homemade waist trainer anyway? If you want to level up your fitness, suspension training is the way to go. You can incorporate suspension trainers into almost any type of workout. They are also easy to travel with and can be set up virtually anywhere you go, such as your home, office, or the park.
Having a yoga suspension system and going for suspension training is a total body workout and has excellent, immediate, and long-term effects. For people who want to focus on weight loss, one 60-minute TRX session can burn about 400 calories.
Based on a study by the American Council on Exercise, people who had a TRX session three times a week for eight weeks saw significant loss in waist circumference and body fat percentage.
If strength and endurance are what you want to improve, studies discovered that people improved their muscle strength and endurance when performing leg presses, bench presses, curl-ups, and push-ups.
TRX suspension training is effective for physical fitness. Even the pros and strong weightlifters should not underestimate suspension training. These simple-looking suspension trainers allow you to adjust the intensity of each workout just by using your bodyweight.
This means having a budget-friendly home suspension trainer and being worry-free about bringing heavy equipment wherever you go
The Tools You Need For A Homemade TRX Suspension Trainer
Before you can start knowing how to make a homemade TRX suspension trainer straps, you need the right equipment. You can find most of these in hardware, DIY, sports, and outdoor equipment stores.
These are the thing you need to gather to create your homemade TRX system:
Setting Up Your Homemade TRX Suspension Trainer
Follow these steps to learn how to make a homemade TRX suspension trainer.
- Use 3 meters of your 9-meter tubular nylon webbing to run through one of the PVC pipes.
- Run one end of your nylon webbing around the lower portion of one buckle. Make a loop with the webbing to secure the buckle.
- Take the other end of the nylon webbing and run it around the sliding mechanism within the buckle. When you apply tension to the nylon webbing, the friction should lock the buckle and strap into place.
- Roll up the tail of the webbing two or three times and stitch it with the heavy-duty nylon thread. This is a stopper and will prevent the nylon webbing from sliding through the buckle. You now have the first strap and handle of your suspension trainer.
- Repeat the same four steps with the remaining webbing, PVC pipe, and buckle. This is the second strap and handle of your suspension trainer.
- Roll up the suspension trainers and wrap them in Velcro tape to keep them from tangling and for easy storage.
Now, where are you supposed to use your suspension trainers? You need an anchor. A sturdy wooden door, as well as a pole or column, can work for anchor, then you will be able to complete your lesson on how to make a homemade TRX suspension trainer.
To make a secure door anchor for your suspension trainers, follow these steps:
- Tie a figure 8 knot on the end of the climbing runner.
- Separate the straps of the runner and place it over the top of the door. Close the door. The figure 8 knot should be on one side, while the straps should be hanging on the other side of the door.
- Tie another figure 8 knot close to the top of the door. Attach the carabiner just above the knot.
- Attach your suspension trainer to the carabiner.
- Commence workout!
Safety Tips For Using A Homemade TRX Suspension Trainer
- Make sure you are using quality materials, and when shopping for them, purchase extra. At some point, you will have to replace frayed straps.
- When attaching your anchor to a door, choose a door made of strong material. Plastic, aluminum, or vinyl doors are safe to use. However, always choose a door made of solid timber when possible.
- Your suspension trainer should be on the side of the door that shuts towards you so that in case the door opens, it will not hit you.
- Your workout space should be flat and wide enough. Ideally, you should be free to move 8 feet long and 6 feet wide.
- Always test your suspension trainers before doing a workout. Check your suspension trainers periodically to make sure no parts are damaged or in need of replacement. If they do need to be fixed, do that before using them.
Now you know how to make a homemade TRX suspension trainer! The equipment is easy to find, and setting up only takes a few minutes. Now you can enjoy the benefits of using suspension trainers for your home workouts. It is pretty easy, but remember to practice safety. Always trust your gut. If something feels off, check your suspension trainers before continuing with your workout. Know more about TRX exercises.
Tired of Diets That Don't Work? Always Hungry? Learn How a CUSTOM KETO DIET PLAN Can Change Everything For You.