You cannot start your TRX suspension training without the proper equipment, and the only equipment you need are your TRX straps, your own body, and gravity. With the TRX straps, the main equipment in this kind of training, it is important to know how to set up and how to connect TRX straps. Wrong set up can affect your routine and will not result in proper muscle and strength development.
In this article, you will learn and try to master the different parts of the common TRX straps, how to set them up easily indoors and outdoors. Even though the straps are simple things, ample knowledge about them will surely help you in your exercises. Here are a few of the things you need to know about TRX Straps.
What are TRX Straps?
TRX straps or TRX suspension trainers are a set of fitness straps made of strong, elastic nylon fiber designed for fitness training to build your strength, flexibility, agility, coordination, and balance. They are usually black and yellow in colors. The best thing about them is that they are versatile equipment. You can set it up outside and inside your homes. You can also carry them anywhere with you, making it a portable gym. Isn’t that great?
Components of TRX Straps
You can find various TRX strap brands out there, but these strong and elastic straps always have the same components. Before we get to how to connect TRX straps, let’s check out its different components:
- Anchor Straps. These are yellow with a loop in the end that you link with the TRX straps. The anchor strap is what you wrap around a bar, or another anchor point, by locking its anchor carabiner.
- Door Anchor. It serves as an anchor as well. It is the strap that ends with a rectangular pad and a loop on the other end. The pad is what you slide over the door if you are training indoors.
- TRX Straps. These are the black ones that are considered the main component of your equipment. Quality nylon webbing makes up the straps and can surely support your weight. Its end is called the main carabiner, which is the one you link to the anchor loop. It has stabilizing and locking loops found in the middle-end of the straps. The straps also have adjustment tabs and marks to help you gauge the length you need.
- Cam Buckles. You can find these in the straps, just near the handles and foot cradles. These allow you to adjust the length of the straps to accommodate whatever routine you want to do.
- Handles and Foot Cradles. These are the ends of the straps that support both hands- and foot-based exercises.
How to Setup TRX Straps Outdoors
The TRX straps are versatile tools in your training, and setting them up is not as difficult as you think it is. All that you need is a stable anchor point that is firm and sturdy, like tree branches, railings, posts, or even monkey bars. Just make sure the anchor point supports your body weight. Another thing to consider with your anchor point is its height. It should be at least 7ft or 9ft off the ground.
Here is how to connect TRX straps when working out outside:
- Get your anchor strap and wrap it to your anchor point. Looping it several times can reduce lateral movement.
- Clip the anchor carabiner into your anchor strap. Check if it is stable and fixed.
- Get your TRX straps and link the main carabiner into the anchor strap loop.
- Adjust the straps using the adjustment tabs or the cam buckles according to your routine. Take note that if you are doing foot exercises, the perfect height of your strap should be mid-calf. The height will avoid dragging your feet.
- You are good to go!
How to Setup TRX Straps Indoors
Now, let us go inside our homes or in the gym. The standard height of the room should be 9ft and 8ft in width for maximum mobility. If you have a workout area with those standard measurements, then the steps for setting up are the same as the ones outdoors.
Here are the steps on how to connect TRX straps when exercising indoors:
- Get your door anchor strap.
- Open the door and slide the rectangular pad behind it. Make sure to slide it closes to the hinge corner of your door. Close the door and lock it.
- Link the main carabiner of your TRX straps to the door anchor loop.
- Adjust the straps using the adjustment tabs or the cam buckles according to your routine.
- You are ready and good to go!
You must take note, though, that you cannot set this up with French doors, because they are not good enough support as anchors. Solid heavy wooden doors or metal doors that close inward are preferable. Find out more about TRX straps.
Here are some cross training accessories to improve your exercise:
Now you know how to connect TRX straps indoors and outdoors. It is easy-peasy. Setting TRX straps are not as difficult as it looks. You are ready to start your TRX suspension training anytime and anywhere you want. All that is left to do is apply what you have learned from reading this article.
Remember, TRX straps have multiple components with many functions. Always keep in mind the important thing to consider in finding your anchor points. Knowing these details will make or break your routine in staying healthy.
>>>Related article that you may like: