How Many Calories Does TRX Workout Burn?
For those of us who love TRX workouts, finishing one session gives us a stronger, more productive, and optimistic outlook for the rest of our day. Not only that, it makes us more in tune with our bodies. It lets us control our breathing and emotions more consciously, giving us a peaceful disposition. But have you asked yourself, “how many calories does TRX workout burn?”
In this article, you will learn what TRX Workout is, some of the best TRX exercises, and the calories that you can burn while working out with this method. If you are a beginner, I hope you will learn the basics of TRX workout with this helpful guide.
What is a TRX Workout?
The thing you need to know about TRX workout if you are starting is that this kind of exercise uses your body weight rather than dumbbells. The tool used for this exercise is called TRX suspension trainers made from strong nylon webbing and locked to a sturdy surface, like the ceiling beam. It has two handles where you can hold and do various positions that will work on your flexibility, your arm and shoulder strength, your core or abdominals, and even your legs. Also, it does not matter if you are a man or a woman. TRX workout is great for both, in whatever size or age. What is important here is you will learn how many calories does TRX workout burn to maintain your healthy and productive self.
Also, here are a few things in mind if this is your first time to delve into a TRX workout:
- You can do it by yourself or with a group. Don’t be shy!
- Your body will almost always be in a suspended position while moving forward, backward, or side to side.
- You can have freedom of movement that will help you have a stable core.
- You always do stretches to increase flexibility.
As mentioned, TRX workouts make use of your body, and even gravity, to build your total body strength, all with the help of the suspension trainers. Here are five of the best TRX moves you can try:
- The Push-up. With your hands on the handles of the suspension trainers, you do the standard push-ups. You should be in a slight incline position facing the floor. This exercise targets your chest, triceps, and core.
- The Squat Row. With your hands on the handles of the suspension trainers, you stand with your feet hip and shoulder apart. You lean backward, then do a squat slowly. This exercise works on your lower body, core, biceps, and back.
- The Squat Biceps Curl. This move is a modified squat row, where when you get back up from the squat, you place your elbows higher to isolate the biceps to pull you toward the suspension trainers. It works on your legs, core, and biceps.
- The Triceps Extension. Very similar to the push-up stance, but focuses more on your triceps.
- The Downward Dog. Bending your upper body straight facing the floor, you hold the suspension trainers forward above your head, while your feet are hip apart. You hold this position for a few minutes. This one targets your arms, core, and back.
What are Calories?
Before we learn how many calories does TRX workout burn, let us understand first what calories are. Just a little review.
A calorie is a unit of energy, particularly measuring how much energy your body gets from eating food or drinking. It is needed by the body to move and operate. It is not bad for you, but if you take in too many calories, it can result in weight gain. To lose weight, we must exercise, do yoga, or go to the gym to burn those calories.
How Many Calories Does a TRX Workout Burn?
You have learned the basics of TRX and some of its best exercises. Now, let’s see how many calories does TRX workout burn every time you exercise.
I will put it in eight varying durations of exercise and only one standard weight of the person as your basis. For a 160lb or 73kg person, he or she loses:
- 44 calories in five minutes (5mins)
- 89 calories in ten minutes (10mins)
- 133 calories in fifteen minutes (15mins)
- 267 calories in thirty minutes (30mins)
- 533 calories in an hour (1hr)
- 1,067 calories in two hours (2hrs)
- 1,600 calories in three hours (3hrs)
- 2,134 calories in four hours (4hrs)
So why is this important? Knowing the number of calories burned during TRX can give you perspective on your daily workout routine and help you settle on how much calories you need to lose, depending on the length of your workout. Isn’t that great? Find out more about TRX workout.
Now that you know how many calories does TRX Workout burn, I’m sure you are ready to start your TRX training sessions! Always keep in mind that you can do it alone, or better yet, do it with friends. It will be more fun if you are in a group.
Do you do exercise everyday but unable to see good results?
Make sure that you take it slow. Do not go to the intermediate or advance exercises yet. That can put a strain on your body. Try out the five TRX moves you learned from this article and see wonders in the next coming days. You will have great body strength and flexibility in no time!
Ready to Begin Your Yoga Journey The Right Way? Discover the BEST-SELLING YOGA FITNESS SYSTEM for Women!