How Can Circuit Training Improve Health And Fitness?
Are you a fitness and time savvy person looking for a dynamic whole-body workout that you can do anywhere in just ten minutes to half an hour? Any doubts about these possibilities? Well, take a quick browse at circuit training and how circuit training can improve health and fitness.
What Is Circuit Training?
Circuit training is a high-intensity training where you can perform a workout based on a series of movements done at an all-out effort for a short time with little rest in between. When done properly, circuit training provides tons of health and fitness benefits. What's great is that circuit training is so versatile, you don't need a lot of space and time, and you don't need to complicate your training overly. You can construct circuit improvement plans for cardiovascular, strength, mobility, sport-specific, plyometric, or anything depending on your fitness level.
A comprehensive circuit training comprises nine to 12 weightlifting stations arranged to target all major muscle groups from largest to smallest. In each station, you should perform eight to 20 repetitions and take short rests of not more than 30 seconds. Plus, you can also use weightlifting loads of 40 to 60 percent of your maximal ability to ensure performing enough number of repetitions for each exercise. You can perform your circuit one to three times, depending on your fitness level and preference.
How Can Circuit Training Improve Health and Fitness?
There are a lot of ways on how circuit training can improve health and fitness:
- You save a lot of time -If you are trying to fit your workout into a busy schedule, then circuit training is ideally the best pick for you! The science behind the approach means you can do a lot of work in a very short period, which already includes a warm-up and cool down. Each movement is highly extensive, and even your rest periods are minimal. You don't need a lot of time to get started, make progress, and get results. With circuits, in just thirty minutes in a week, you'll start seeing the health and fitness benefits. Yes, that's right, ten minutes, three times a week is enough to get results!
- You burn calories faster and tone your body- It’s one of the best ways on how circuit training can improve health and fitness. Circuit training can improve the distribution of muscle and fat in your body by burning calories and building muscles. The combination of intensity strength components, which burn calories and build lean muscles, is a perfect combination to make your body lean, toned, and perfect! For beginners, you should start circuit training with one or two sessions per week and add up to three weekly sessions as your strength and endurance improves. You can gradually increase your weightlifting load supports for continual fitness improvements throughout your training. Moreover, if you plan your circuits, you are working different muscle groups, not just one area. You are working your whole body inside and out, and your heart keeps working, pumping oxygen-rich blood to the new set of muscles.
- You don't need expensive equipment- Circuit training is a flexible and versatile workout. You can do circuits at the gym with add on equipment, but you can also do circuits solely with your body weight and still get an intense workout! If you can't go to the gym, you can always start with a bodyweight circuit. With a few kettlebells or barbells, a weight bench, a step board, or whatever available at your home, you can add hundreds of exercises to your circuit training. You don't need to spend a lot of money, and you don't need a lot of space. Just don't forget to wear safe gym apparel and, of course, your timer!
- You can prevent health problems- Circuit training creates an ideal balance between strength and cardio improvement, and that makes circuits a powerful weapon to good health. As many times mentioned, circuit training burns calories. And maintaining a healthy weight is one of the most important factors in good long-term health. Circuits are better for cardiovascular health than other workouts like running because they force the heart to move the blood around the body, which has impressive impacts on circulation. That shows that circuit training is very effective in preventing conditions like diabetes and improving cardiopulmonary health, especially for asthmatics.
- You can manage and prevent injuries- Circuit training can be a great way to manage existing injuries and prevent new ones. Now, this is not an assurance that you won't get injured, but if you're afraid of workouts because you have an old injury, then circuits are a better choice for you. In circuits, you can do different movements, and you can easily change a specific movement that might aggravate your injury, with a safer or more comfortable movement.
- You won't get bored- By doing the same movement or exercise over and over again, it is not just your mind that gets bored, your body gets bored too. Doing the same movement all the time leads to a fitness plateau, where your body adapts to the movement, and weight loss or fitness gains slow down or even stop. Well, forget about boredom while enhancing your muscular strength and endurance. Since in circuits, you won't have to do any movement for more than a minute at a time, you won't get bored at all.
How can circuit training improve health and fitness? The biggest takeaway of circuit training is versatility as a fitness program. You can do circuits anywhere in a very short time, with or without equipment, with many variations whichever adapt your fitness level and fitness goal. Circuit training is a dynamic whole body workout with a lot of health and fitness benefits. So, what are you waiting for? Get up and start constructing your circuit training plan now!