The connection between yoga and nature is closer than you think. Some practitioners meditate, stretch, and breathe outdoors because of the healing it brings. And most of the yoga poses are named after animal movements, reflective of the harmony between animals and their environment. The Sun salutation group of asanas are a form of respect to the sun that gives light and nourishment to living things. The intimacy of yoga and nature, in effect, should make us more mindful of the environment. As a yoga practitioner, one of the most natural ways to care for the world we live in is using eco-friendly yoga mats.
The Benefits Of An Eco-Friendly Yoga Mat
In a perfect world, all yoga mats would be eco-friendly. But some manufacturers conform to consumer needs, and as long as demands remain the same, the cycle will go on. This subtle choice makes a significant difference to your practice. Here are some of the reasons why you should switch to eco-friendly yoga mats.
- Eco-friendly yoga mats are more durable. Yoga mats made of natural tree rubber can withstand the wear and tear of your yoga practice.
- Eco-friendly yoga mats have excellent traction. Some yoga practitioners choose mats made from PVC because they’re anti-slip, but natural tree rubber still provides excellent traction, without the toxic plastic.
- Eco-friendly yoga mats provide excellent cushioning. Because these mats are made from natural materials, they are more comfortable to use. Some of these mats have an additional layer on top made of jute fiber or cork. Another option used for eco-friendly mats is using Polyurethane, which is a sustainable type of plastic. Suede microfiber, often referred to as Ultrasuede, is another eco-friendly option with the same benefits.
- Eco-friendly yoga mats are safe. Nothing beats the safety and security of using natural products. A yoga mat is an intimate part of your practice. It is something you touch, breathe in, and meditate in daily. Natural materials are non-toxic and will keep you grounded in the truest sense of the word.
Here are some yoga equipment to help you with your yoga exercise:
- Best Hot Yoga Mats For Yoga Aficionados
- Best Non-Slip Yoga Mats For Yogis
- Best Yoga Mat Backpack For Yogis
What To Look For In An Eco-Friendly Mat
The values taught in yoga encompass our lifestyle, from the way we think to the food we eat. Choosing an eco-friendly yoga mat is just one of the transformative choices you can make while practicing yoga. When looking for an eco-friendly mat, consider these things:
- Your yoga mat should be PVC free. Although some brands may assure you they are non-toxic, we are not sure what is used in place of the common materials.
- Your yoga mat should be washable.
- Your yoga mat should be ethically made using sustainable methods.
- Your yoga mat should be recyclable.
>>Related articles that you may like:
- What Are The Uses Of Travel Yoga Mats
- What Is A Standard Size Yoga Mat?
- Best Yoga Mat Carriers For Mat Protection
- What Cons To Look Out For In Getting A Hot Yoga Mat
- What To Look For In Getting The Best Hot Yoga Mat
It is crucial to understand the importance of yoga mats and their significance to your practice. Only after this understanding will you truly appreciate your choice of an eco-friendly mat. It’s more than just an educated awareness of the environment. Choosing an eco-friendly yoga mat strengthens your practice by bringing you deeper into the life-changing effects of yoga.
Find the best yoga products at the same time helping environmental organizations by visiting our friends at the Fit Yoga Club!