Bad posture can affect your daily exercise routine. Back pains and headaches are the common complaints of people that are into exercise routines including yoga. So how do you solve this problem? Do posture braces work? In this article, you will learn the posture braces and its types, things to consider when buying, and the benefits of using one. Hopefully, what you will learn about posture braces will help you get back in proper shape and have a smoother exercise experience.
What Gives Us Bad Posture?
Many factors contribute to bad posture. It may be from an injury, poor sitting position, bad habit, improper workout techniques, or even genetic factors. Another factor that results in poor posture is your hip placement. Also, another factor is tissue adaptation, where your body maintains the position you hold for a long period. An example is when you slump your shoulders for long periods, and muscles across your chest go smaller and tight. This slumping will result in your back muscles lengthening, which will make it difficult for you to stand straight.
Bad posture can cause us neck pains, back pains, headaches, stiffness, or even make us feel conscious and less confident with our selves. It can also result in muscle imbalance, which can be detrimental to your health!
What is a Posture Brace?
A posture brace, or a posture corrector, is the perfect tool to help you get back to your best and natural posture. As mentioned, tissue adaptation can result in bad posture, and the only way to solve this is by using a posture brace. The posture brace acts as a support that will force your shortened muscles to stretch and make your back muscles contract, pulling your whole body back to the natural position. Fifteen to thirty minutes every day can surely help your muscles to go back to the natural posture you want to achieve.
Types of Posture Braces
Posture braces come in many shapes and sizes. The fit may vary per person, depending on the factor of the bad posture is and the body type. All of these are signed to help improve your posture. Here are few of the types of posture braces:
- Back Braces. These are the most common type of posture correctors available in the market. They fit over your shoulder and forces your back muscles to contract, pushing your chest out.
- Posture Belts. These posture correctors are used by those who sit for a long time. They are usually to correct bad habits, not injury.
Posture Shirts. These are the most varied type of posture corrector. They target the main muscle groups of your upper body. It usually comes in elasticated material.
- Posture Corrector Bras. These are perfect for women who suffer a great deal in the chest area. Men can also use this to help in improving upper body posture.
- Electronic Posture Corrector. These are braces that set off an alert when you make bad posture habits, like slouching.
With a variety of posture braces, I’m pretty sure you already know the answer to the question, “Do posture braces work?”
Things to Consider When Buying Posture Braces
The effectivity of a posture brace also depends on many factors. Does it fit you? Is it comfortable to wear? Is it easy to use? You have to keep in mind the following things when looking for the best posture brace suitable for you:
- Size. Always look for posture braces that come in different sizes: small, medium, and large. A one-size-fits-all is not always the best option because it comes in a specific range of body types.
- Material. It all depends on you which material is compatible with your skin. The most common materials are spandex, latex, rubber, lycra, and cotton.
Comfort. Never choose your posture braces because it looks pretty. If you are going to wear it the whole day, it is better to be comfortable and see its lasting effects.
- Adjustability. Choose a posture brace that comes with adjustable straps, especially when it does not fit your body.
- Ease of Use. Find a posture brace that is easy to put on and to take off.
Using posture braces absent those considerations would surely be a failure because you will likely not wear it if it is in the wrong size, uncomfortable material, and not easy to use.
Benefits of Using Posture Braces
So do posture braces work? The answer is yes! If it doesn’t, surely there won’t be any list of benefits that you get from using posture braces. Here are a few of the benefits you get by wearing a posture brace:
- Decrease Back Pain. Wearing a posture brace helps to remove the burden from your lower back resulting in little to no back pain!
Improve Mental Health. Posture affects mental function and memory, studies show. So if you have good posture, it will result in better mental health and well-being.
- Become More Productive. Having proper posture results in more energy, making you more active.
- Breathing Will Improve. With proper body posture, there is no more constriction of your chest, giving you more air intake.
Improves Self-Esteem. Overall, with proper posture, you will feel more self-confident!
Now that you know the benefits of posture braces, you know the answer to the question, “Do posture braces work?” They surely do. Remember, it is not always about the size and the look of the posture brace that is important, but the comfort and ease of use.
Always keep in mind as well the many benefits that posture braces, particularly boosting your self-confidence and self-esteem. Learn these by heart, and you will never fall into bad posture. Find out more about posture braces.
Ready to Begin Your Yoga Journey The Right Way? Discover the BEST-SELLING YOGA FITNESS SYSTEM for Women!
February 3, 2021
by: Maureen Tillis
Poor posture impacts your life negatively. It affects your self-confidence and the way you show your self to the public.
February 3, 2021
by: Maureen Tillis
Have you been feeling tremendous back pain that sometimes escalates to numbness in different parts of your body? It is caused by muscular imbalance.