Can You Do Yoga Every Day? – Proper Yoga Practice
Are you having problems with back pain, neck pain, or headaches? Are you stressed out because of too many things in your mind? You can always do yoga. Yoga, for me, is not only an exercise but a philosophy, an art in meditation. However, have you asked yourself if you can do yoga everyday? Is it healthy, or is it excessive? This article will show you the many benefits of yoga practice, whether you are a beginner or an avid yogi, its many types, and how doing it every day can bring so many opportunities to a better mind and body. So, read on.
Types of Yoga
Before we answer the question, if you can do yoga everyday, you have to know the first yoga style you want to do. Here is the list of the fourteen yoga styles you need to know and try:
- Anusara Yoga. This type of yoga is considered as the modern version of hatha yoga. It focuses more on the mind-heart-body connection. Practicing this focus on spirals and the precise movement of each body part.
- Ashtanga Yoga. This type of yoga is one of the most demanding sequences of postures. Not advised for beginner yogis. It translates to “Eight Limb Path.”
- Bikram Yoga. This type of yoga must be done in a sauna-like room. It has a sequence of twenty-six basic postures that have to be done twice for proper alignment of the body. More known as “hot yoga.”
- Hatha Yoga. This type of yoga is the most popular. It is the general term that includes all the other types of yoga, like Ashtanga, Iyengar, etc. It is good for beginners.
- Iyengar Yoga. This yoga style focuses on alignment and detailed and precise movements by performing various postures. This type of yoga relies on props to perfect postures and forms. This yoga is great for those who have injuries.
- Jivamukti Yoga. This type of yoga uses Vinyasa-style while incorporating Hindi spiritual teachings. The poses are aligned with the five principles of Jivamukti practice, which emphasizes the connection to the Earth for being a living entity.
- Kripalu Yoga. This type of yoga teaches yogis to know, accept, and learn from the body. It emphasizes on looking inward. It requires breathing exercises, gentle stretches, and individual poses.
- Kundalini Yoga. This type of yoga balances the physical and spiritual parts. Exercises of this yoga style are great for core workout and breathing exercises. It is one of the most intense yoga styles.
- Power Yoga. This type of yoga is one of the sporty types of yoga practice based on Ashtanga.
- Prenatal Yoga. This type of yoga caters to those who are pregnant to help them prepare for labor and delivery. It focuses on pelvic floor work, breathing exercises, and connection with the growing baby in the womb.
- Restorative Yoga. This type of yoga is for relaxing and calming your body and mind after a long stressful day. It uses props such as blankets and eye pillows to help you to relax more.
- Sivananda Yoga. This type of yoga bases itself on a five-point philosophy like the Jivamukti. It uses the twelve basic asanas, commenced by sun salutations, and ended by savasana poses.
- Vinyasa Yoga. This type of yoga bases itself on Ashtanga yoga. It is the most sporty type of yoga. The movements in this style are coordinated with your breathing and should flow smoothly from one pose to another. It translates to “To place in a special way.”
- Yin Yoga. This type of yoga requires slow movement and pace. Yogis usually are in a seated position for a length of time. It is also great for beginner yogis.
Benefits of Doing Yoga
The many styles or types of yoga have many positive effects on your mind and body. It all depends on which one you choose. However, whatever type of yoga you will do, you will always get the same benefits. Here are the benefits of daily yoga practice:
- It can improve your flexibility and build muscle strength.
- It can perfect your posture and improves your spine.
- It can improve blood circulation.
- It can help boost your immune system.
- It can make you happier!
- It can improve your concentration and focus.
- It can help you sleep deeper.
- It can improve your balance.
- It can give you self-confidence and better self-esteem.
- It can give you inner strength and peace of mind.
- It can ease your physical, mental, or spiritual pain.
- It can allow you to grow and develop into a better person.
Is Doing Yoga Every Day Healthy?
So can you do yoga everyday? Well, I surely can and will do it! Just looking at the mentioned advantages of doing yoga every day already encourages me to get back on it. Yogis everywhere can attest to the many benefits of doing yoga daily. There is this one fifteen-year-old girl named Pippin Jardine who did yoga in one year and, according to her, it was a life-changing experience. Check out the video! If she can do it, why can’t you? What are you waiting for? Know more about yoga practices.
So, can you do yoga everyday? Just remember, there are many types of yoga practice, and it all depends on you, which suits you best. Regardless of that, you will still get the same benefits from the exercises and poses you will be doing, and it is one step from finally practicing a healthier and more fulfilling lifestyle. Keep in mind yoga is not only exercise but a state of mind and a state of peace that you do not get easily every day.