Whether you are hiking, going to class, to the gym or traveling, a yogi always leaves and comes prepared with the best yoga mat backpack. Having your own specialized carry-locker that holds your yoga mat and other valuable things in place securely is essential.
There are so many cool yoga mat bags out there that are durable, designed in a variety of bold colors and patterns, styles, and even have pockets! Who doesn’t love pockets? Let’s look at the top yoga mat backpacks in the market today:
|Aurorae Yoga Mat Carrier Bag||The best yoga mat backpack can even come in the simplest of all forms. The Aurorae Yoga Mat Carrier Bag looks like a regular backpack, but it has a specialized mat-locker system that can secure your yoga mat.|
|Warrior2 Yoga Mat Holder Carrier||If you’re looking for a specifically designed carrier that can hold your favorite yoga mat, then the Warrior2 Yoga Mat Holder Carrier is the best yoga mat backpack for you.|
|Uhawi Yoga Mat Backpack||The Uhawi Yoga Mat Backpack certainly has no trouble greeting your oversized yoga mat “Namaste”! Plus, it comes with four multifunctional pockets that fits yoga mats.|
|Aurorae Yoga Multi Purpose Backpack||This 2.0 model of the Aurorae Yoga Multi Purpose Backpack is made of durable heavy-duty fabric. It features a top-loading, center mat locking system to keep your yoga mat secure.|
|WANDF Drawstring Backpack||Maybe you want something that is simple yet durable? The WANDF Drawstring Backpack can live up to that expectation.|
|Imarana Yoga Mat Bag||If you’re looking for a yoga mat bag that stores the mat inside the bag exclusively, then the Imarana Yoga Mat Backpack is something you should look into.|
|Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack||When you’re looking for something casual and built for a cause, the Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack donates $1 for every unit sold to help end human trafficking.|
A Bird’s Eye View On The 7 Best Yoga Mat Backpack
Aurorae Yoga Mat Carrier Bag
The best yoga mat backpack can even come in the simplest of all forms. The Aurorae Yoga Mat Carrier Bag looks like a regular backpack, but it has a specialized mat-locker system that can secure your yoga mat.
The Aurorae Yoga Mat Carrier Bag can hold a standard 5 pound and under, dense, yoga mat. It is a multipurpose sling backpack that is great for any occasion and comes in various radiating colors.
The sling bag comes with two main individual compartments. The main compartment can fit a 15.4-inch notebook computer. The shoulder strap is double-reinforced with a locking buckle. What’s neat is that the bag has a front flap pocket with a specialized wet liner to keep your sweaty gym clothes.
The product is made of a thick material that may not allow the feet to breathe. After a few uses, especially on rough surfaces with friction, can experience wear and tear.
- It comes with a 2-Year Guarantee from Aurorae
- The backpack comes in green, purple, red, blue, ebony, grey, purple stripe, green stripe, orange stripe, and yellow stripe
- It has a wet compartment for sweaty clothes
- It can only hold a standard 5 pound and under dense yoga mat
- The product is made of thin material and, after prolonged use, may experience wear and tear, such as fraying
- Ideal for someone looking for a cross-body sling backpack and not a regular double strapped backpack
Warrior2 Yoga Mat Holder Carrier
If you’re looking for a specifically designed carrier that can hold your favorite yoga mat, then the Warrior2 Yoga Mat Holder Carrier is the best yoga mat backpack for you.
The design is simple enough, but the Warrior2 Yoga Mat Holder Carrier is more than just a regular yoga mat carrier. Its spacious design provides you with a lot of pockets that can carry all your gear, including water bottles, yoga belts, towels, and personal items.
The great thing about this carrier is that it can fit most mat sizes, up to a 26″ wide mat. It has an adjustable sling shoulder strap that you can comfortably switch from your left to right shoulder. It is made of strong polyester, ensuring its durability.
The carrier is a one-size-fits-all bag, and the straps are adjustable, but people with a smaller build may have difficulty securing the yoga mat as it may be too large.
- Spacious design for all your yoga accessories
- Fits most mat sizes
- Adjustable sling shoulder strap
- The product is made of polyester and, after prolonged use, may experience wear and tear, such as fraying
- It is ideal for people with a taller build
Uhawi Yoga Mat Backpack
The Uhawi Yoga Mat Backpack certainly has no trouble greeting your oversized yoga mat “Namaste”! Plus, it comes with four multifunctional pockets that fits yoga mats.
This yoga mat backpack offers a no-fuzz experience with its sling carrier. And it has functional pockets too! It has four pockets that can hold your laptop, water bottle, yoga mat spray, towels, keys, cards, and other valuables. Its minimalistic design is undoubtedly stylish. You will never worry about cleaning and washing it because it does not wrinkle at all. You may also iron this bag to make it look like new.
The Uhawi Yoga Mat Backpack comes with a big size and it truly is fashionable yet functional. It is not too casual or too formal. You can bring it from work to the gym and keep your yoga mat secured at the bottom.
The bag is perfect for the yogi on the go. The backpack is made of waterproof and stain-resistant material, but it has a mesh bottom that may rub on the fabric on your clothes. Also, the shape is too big and not that ideal to bring when strolling around.
- It comes with a one year warranty
- It comes with two bonus shoe bags
- The bag is made of 900D polyester filmed waterproof and stain-resistant material
- Its one compartment design is not ideal for frequent access to smaller items
- After prolonged and heavy-duty use, the yoga mat straps may break
- Shape is too big
Aurorae Yoga Multi Purpose Backpack
This 2.0 model of the Aurorae Yoga Multi Purpose Backpack is made of durable heavy-duty fabric. It features a top-loading, center mat locking system to keep your yoga mat secure.
The Aurorae Yoga Multi Purpose Backpack can securely hold a yoga mat up to 8 lbs heavy, 72″ long, and 26″ wide. It has a capacity of 23L and is able to comfortably fit all your personal items and yoga accessories. It is the perfect bag for daily use.
The bag measures 21.2″ x 12.6″ x 5.1″. It has padded and adjustable shoulder straps. It has lots of storage space and pockets for your essentials and a separate compartment for your laptop, too. It also has mesh pockets on both sides for your water bottles.
Some users reported that the zipper of the backpack is not so sturdy. Although the bag is spacious, it is hard to fit both yoga blocks and mats at the same time. The strap holding the yoga mat can also be too loose for small mats.
- Securely holds large and heavy yoga mats
- Spacious for your belongings
- Separate compartment for laptop
- Zipper is not so sturdy
- Can’t fit both yoga blocks and mat at the same time
- Strap to secure the mat may be too loose for smaller mats
WANDF Drawstring Backpack
Maybe you want something that is simple yet durable? The WANDF Drawstring Backpack can live up to that expectation.
This yoga-friendly backpack is stylish and made of high-quality material. It has a nylon lining for water resistance to protect your belongings. The drawstring closure helps make the bag lightweight and convenient to use.
The bag is lightweight but makes for great travel anywhere. Its solid structure makes sure to hold your items in place. You can securely place your yoga mat right in the main compartment. The bottom compartment is also a great feature to store your shoes or other accessories.
The straps of the bag are difficult to adjust and are not so comfortable. The inside lining also rips after heavy usage.
- Nylon lining for water resistance
- Stylish and comes in different color options
- Huge storage space with bottom compartment
- Straps are difficult to adjust
- Uncomfortable on the shoulders
- Inside lining can rip after some time
Imarana Yoga Mat Bag
If you’re looking for a yoga mat bag that stores the mat inside the bag exclusively, then the Imarana Yoga Mat Backpack is something you should look into.
Compared to other bags, the Imarana Yoga Mat Backpack’s purpose is to keep your mat inside the bag securely. You can adjust the carry strap to fit your mat comfortably, and it has outside pockets for your other essentials.
This backpack is lightweight and is made of high-quality polyester. This bag is nifty because it is made with solid double-stitched seams but is still comfortable on your shoulders. It can make for a mat or a gym bag.
For the yogi that wants to keep their mats secured, this is perfect and can fit standard yoga mats of 24 inches wide, 71 inches long, and 0.4 inches thick. It will not be able to hold 26 inch wide mats.
- The straps are adjustable
- The cross-body carrier design is easy for a light-weight carry
- It has outside pockets for your water bottle and other items
- The product is made of thin material and, after prolonged use, may experience wear and tear, such as fraying
- It can only fit yoga mats of 24 inches wide, 71 inches long, and 0.4 inches thick
- Only comes with one zipper all the way round; making it quite difficult to store things
Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack
When you’re looking for something casual and built for a cause, the Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack donates $1 for every unit sold to help end human trafficking.
The Kindfolk Yoga Mat Backpack is a casual and colorful bag. It comes in various designs, and it is vegan and environmentally friendly. It’s truly eye-catching, that’s why this could be the best gift idea. There is also a lot of storage for your important accessories and it comes with more interior pockets, where you can store most of your important belongings.
The bag is 18 inches tall and 14 inches wide. It can hold your yoga mat at the bottom with secured straps. It has one main storage compartment with a laptop sleeve inside. On the outside, it has additional pockets for other items. The best part is that it is made of man-made leather. For the humanitarian, this bag supports a non-profit cause.
The bag is perfect for traveling or going to the gym. It is ideal for light use only. The bag also uses patterned canvas, which may fray.
- The bag is vegan and environmentally friendly. It is made of man-made leather
- Kindfolk partners with A21, a non-profit, and donates $1 for every backpack sold to end human trafficking
- It comes in various colors and designs – Celestial, Jubilee, or Karma
- It doesn’t have an outside pocket for water bottles
- The product is made of canvas and, after prolonged use, may experience wear and tear, such as fraying
- Not ideal to store heavy items
>>Related articles that you may like:
- The 7 Best Travel Yoga Mats
- The 7 Best Mats For Jumping Rope Every Yoga Enthusiasts Should Have
- The 7 Best Thick Yoga Mats For Yogis
- The 7 Best Yoga Mat Cleaners
- How To Stop Slipping On Yoga Mats During Sessions
Choosing The Right Yoga Mat Backpack For You
No one wants messy and awkward bags when going to class, to work, or to the gym. You’ll want something that can fit everything you need and your yoga mat, too – which can be heavy and clunky on its own. The proper yoga mat backpack should fit well with your lifestyle. Here are four tips to watch out for when investing in the best yoga mat bag:
- Durability – It should be made of durable material that can stay solid for a long time. You’ll be carrying it everywhere, so it’s best to find a suitably made bag with fabric or material that is water-resistant, puncture-resistant, and stain-resistant. The bag’s durability should also apply to its other parts, like the straps, padding, and base.
- Can Fit A Yoga Mat – The backpack should be able to secure a standard-sized yoga mat. You can choose to have the mat attached to the sides, bottom, top, or inside the bag itself. Be sure to measure your favorite yoga mat and compare it with the bag’s specifications.
- Storage Ability – You won’t be carrying a yoga mat alone, that’s for sure. A bag should be able to fit your mat on the outside (or inside) and have pockets for your everyday items, too.
Choosing the best yoga mat backpack for you is easy once you know what you’re looking for. This list should give you a bird’s eye view on what to look for when investing in the right bag. Whether you’re looking for something formal, on-the-go, colorful, or heavy-duty, there is a bag out there for you. When you start your day, you can easily chill knowing you have the best yoga mat backpack that you can depend on, wherever you go!