Hot yoga is a widespread yoga practice that offers mind and body benefits such as improves focus, strength, and flexibility. It is done in a room with an elevated temperature. If you’re just starting hot yoga, you need to have the right gear and clothes. You’re going to spend training in a 105-degree temperature room with 26 different poses. So, choosing the best hot yoga clothes to get through these intense exercises is essential. In this article, we’ll talk about the pros of wearing the right hot yoga clothes and what to expect when training rigorous yoga poses.
What Is Hot Yoga
Hot Yoga or Bikram yoga is a particular exercise that requires a heated room to warm up your body and muscles. It induces deeper bends and stretches due to excessive sweating to detoxify your body from ailments. It also clears your mind against the challenging, high-heat environment. Some yogis say it’s different from other yoga poses but give a wonderful feeling after hot yoga training.
This unique yoga practice consists of twenty-six poses with two breathing exercises typically performed in 40 degrees heat room. It takes 90 minutes to complete a hot yoga class.
Some yogis compare hot yoga to the smelting gold process, where you melt the gold over a fire. To put it in another way, it removes all the body’s impurities, and all that left is a clear mind and a coordinated, flexible body.
What Are The Pros of Hot Yoga Clothes
When performing hot yoga practice, you can wear regular tops and shorts to generate heat, but you may get dehydrated easily. Wearing sports bras and leggings is a good option, but they are not recommended for intense hot yoga exercise. You should wear the best hot yoga clothes to enhance the benefits you can get from a heated yoga workout.
- Breathability. Because you’re going to be sweating excessive practicing hot yoga, it helps wear the right breathable clothes. Having breathable fabrics will keep you cool and dry. It will wick away extreme moisture and will make a lot of difference in how you feel. The sweat-wicking fabrics also improve your performance because it eliminates bacteria build-ups, meaning no more workout clothes with an awful odor.
- Durability. To get decent, moisture-wicking workout clothes, you do not have to break your wallet. However, if you like to showcase expensive leggings to help feel better, be ready to spend a lot of money. The right fitness clothes should be durable, helping you to get extra use out of it.
- Protection. Wearing yoga workout clothes protects your body from an intense heat environment. You should choose loose and breathable fabrics if you’re practicing hot yoga in a 40% humid room. It’s also going to keep your body cool so you won’t get dehydrated. It’s recommended to wear light clothes when performing yoga poses outside. It’s also a good idea to choose breathable clothes that provide ventilation to regulate your body temperature.
- Comfort. One of the benefits of wearing the best hot yoga clothes is comfort. Wearing uncomfortable clothes or shoes when performing yoga could result in unbalanced and heavy-footed exercise. Wrong shoes can injure your feet or give you blisters. An ill-fitted sports bra can dig on your back, and wearing the wrong leggings can irritate your thighs. Keep in mind to choose comfortable fabrics because it can make a lot of difference.
- Improves Motion. Having flexible clothes allows your body to move freely and perform much better. Choose not too tight yoga clothes that are going to hold you back while practicing your poses. It will improve your movement as you stretch your limbs and feel flexible like a glove.
Check out some yoga essentials you need for your yoga sessions:
Benefits Of Hot Yoga
No matter the yoga classroom temperature, you aim to improve physical fitness and relax. That’s why it’s more challenging to practice yoga in a heated environment. But wearing the best hot yoga clothes provide benefits as you make progress with your yoga poses.
Here are some benefits you can have performing yoga:
What To Expect In Hot Yoga Classes
Be prepared at all times is a notion that mirrors the same as wearing the right yoga clothes when attending the class. You can get many purposes from yoga, including strengthening your muscles, relaxing your mind, and improving your focus.
There is more to learn than just temperature in hot yoga. You can improve your posture and improve calmness as you attend Bikram yoga classes. Here are some things you can expect when performing hot yoga.
- 104 degrees Fahrenheit room temperature
- Perform faster yoga exercises
- Increases your heart rate
- Push your body further
- Complete 26 poses
- Improves your body and muscle groups
- Good for health and mind
- Relaxes your breathing
- Wear comfortable and breathable yoga clothes
- Bring yoga mats, bolsters, and lots of water.
>>Related articles that you may like:
- What Are Yoga Leggings
- What Cons To Look Out For In Getting Yoga Leggings
- What To Look For In Getting The Best Hot Leggings
- The 7 Best Leggings For Hot Yoga
- What Are The Uses Of Hot Yoga Leggings
Hot yoga is a fun and relaxing way to improve your balance and focus in an intense fitness class. Knowing what to expect and wearing the best hot yoga clothes will help your yoga experience a success. It’s more than just being fit and flexible; it also makes your mind and body strong.