Yoga is posture meditation, which means you need to be consistent with your posture to be able to complete the session perfectly. However, beginners find this part of Yoga exercise, challenging. So, improving it with different methods is necessary. This may also include doing pull-ups. But are pull ups good for posture?
Pull-ups will work on your back and biceps, making it an excellent technique for improving your posture. So, when you are into yoga and want to improve your posture, pull-ups are one of the exercises you can do.
Poor Posture vs. Good Posture
Poor posture results from the tightening up of certain muscles or the shortening of the same while other lengthen and become weak. This is probably because of a person’s daily activities. There are factors affecting posture:
- High heels for women, and the way it worn
- Heavy bags
- Muscle tension and weakness
- Mental attitude and Stress
For some people, poor posture may be due to disease or injury. And it can also be hereditary or genetics.
These factors are inevitable, and they may affect your daily life and your confidence in yourself. The good news is you can always correct poor posture through proper medication and exercise. You may include pull-ups on your exercise programs. But are pull ups good for posture? Many people have tried pull-ups and claimed them to be effective.
On the other hand, it is important to know what a good posture is and how it looks like. You know you have a good posture when you stand up straight. Both your lower and upper back are straight. Your hips also need to be in good alignment with your shoulders and knees. When you have a good posture, you will feel less back pain, and you will not suffer from muscle tension.
Pull up Exercises for your Posture
Pull-ups are done by simply pulling yourself up against the bar. Here are a few pull-up techniques that you can apply to be able to correct your posture.
The Perfect Pull-up
If you are wondering, are pull ups good for posture? Then it is time to start practicing and master the perfect pull up.
- Leap up and grip the bar with your hand. Make sure your shoulder width is apart and your hands are facing away from you. Let your body hang with your arms extended.
- Be ready with your shoulders and back. Let them engage throughout the process
- Slowly move upward until your chin is above the bar.
- Then slowly move down until your arms are fully extended.
- Try to get 10 pull-ups then rest.
You can do this moves often until you are used to lifting your body weight, then you can increase the number of pull-ups. After consistent practice, you’ll know the answer to the question – are pull ups good for posture? It will be evident in the changes in your body.
Close-grip Chin up
This type of pull ups involves the biceps. It reduces the load on your back muscles.
- Grab the bar using an underhand grip with your hand 6 inches apart.
- Hang at arm’s length with your legs slightly in front of you to form a wide C.
- Now press your thighs together and brace your abs.
- Pull your elbows to your ribs, and then squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Look straight and pull until your neck or upper chest touches the bar.
It is an old type of pull ups that work on your upper body.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip.
- Your hands should be apart, wider than your shoulder’s width.
- Hang your body straight down with your arms extended.
- Pull up and squeeze your lats until your chin is over the bar.
- Then slowly lower your body to the start position without swinging.
Here are some posture correction tips that can help you:
- Can You Sleep with a Posture Brace?
- Do Posture Braces Work
- Does Sleeping Without A Pillow Improve Your Posture?
To help you succeed with your pull-up workout, some aids could help you achieve your goal.
- Lat pull-down. This pull-up equipment will work on your upper back and your arm flexor, such as your biceps, Brachii, Brachialis.
- Cable Face Pull. This pull-up machine will target on the posterior deltoids of your shoulder or the rear muscles of your shoulder. This is done by pulling the weight towards your forehead. The use of this equipment may build the overall strength of your shoulder.
Other Benefits of Pull-ups
When you do the pull-up exercise, you do not only improve your posture, but also provides you with lots of benefits.
- It strengthens the muscles on your back.
- Strengthens the arm and shoulder muscles
- Improve grip strength
- Improve overall body strength and fitness level
- Improve physical health
- Improve mental health
>>Related articles that you may like:
- What To Look For In Getting Gearari Posture Correctors
- What Is The Best Posture Corrector For Women
- Can You Get Scoliosis From Bad Posture?
- What Are The Uses Of Top-Rated Posture Correctors
- Can Bad Posture Cause Numbness In The Back?
Improving and maintaining a good posture is not an easy task. It requires hard work, and it takes time. Good things, some exercise helps you correct poor posture, including the pull-ups. But are pull ups good for posture? Many have applied it. And they claimed it is indeed effective. Pull ups work on your muscles. It strengthens them and reduces tightening. This will result in firm muscles that lead to a good posture. So, if you have an issue with poor posture, then you will greatly benefit from pull-ups. Start your workout today, and see the improvement.