Most homes have bean bags for a chill, aesthetic design. In any case, it looks fun to sit on. It is placed in our living rooms or gaming rooms to fill in space and plop on it whenever we have a bad day from school or work. However, are bean bags good for posture?
In this article, you will learn the types, advantages, and disadvantages of relaxing on bean bags. Hopefully, after reading this, you will not only think of buying bean bags as unnecessary but an awesome addition to your home that has its health benefits. Read on.
What is a Bean Bag?
Bean bags are large bags of cotton or elastic fabric filled with micro-beads. They usually come in colorful round shapes. They even come in many sizes. They have soft and squishy interior beads that mold themselves to the shape of anyone who sits in them, making them the most comfortable chairs for sitting and sleeping. You can even sit on them in any position, whether upright, on your stomach, or your sides.
Types of Bean Bags
As mentioned, bean bags come in different types and sizes. Here are the five bean bag types you can enjoy:
- Round Bean Bags. This one is the most common type of bean bag. It looks like a big round ball. You do not have to worry about collapsing on it since it has enough space and can easily mold to the shape of your body. These are bean bags good for posture.
- Square Bean Bags. This one comes with armrests and cushions that are good for adults. These also are bean bags good for posture.
- Gaming Bean Bags. Gamers love their bean bags, and this one is specifically to cater to them. It has a structured seating area with built-in speakers to get a full gaming immersion experience.
- Novelty Bean Bags. This type of bean bag is made special for kids. It comes in various shapes of animals, plants, and even emojis.
- Large and Long Bean Bags. This type of bean bag is great for several person seating. Great for sleepovers and movie nights.
Find the yoga essentials you need for your next yoga session:
Sizes of Bean Bags
Now, let’s check out the three sizes of bean bags:
- Kid-size. Ideally made for kids 4’6ft and below. It measures 110 to 120 inches in circumference.
- Teen-size. This one is for young adults and measures 130 to 140 inches in circumference.
- Adult-size. These are large bean bags meant for adults and measures 140 to 150 inches in circumference.
There are also bean bags that are available in massive sizes good for people above 6ft in height and multiple seating options. These are bean bags good for posture as well due to its size.
Benefits of Bean Bags
Bean bags are not meant for pleasing visuals in the house and fun. They have advantages that are great for your health. Here are a few of the benefits of bean bags:
- They are affordable and adjustable.
- They are easy to clean.
- They help the elderly to sleep more soundly.
- They promote proper posture.
- They embrace sore and aching bodies.
- They are portable and versatile.
- They can accommodate pregnant women without risks.
Disadvantages of Bean Bags
Not all things are indeed perfect, and bean bags, also have their negative qualities. Here is a good look at some of the disadvantages of bean bags:
- They are difficult to get up from one.
- They are hard to throw away.
- They are not durable and long-lasting.
- They are not suitable for babies to sleep on.
Good for Posture
So, are bean bags good for posture? As mentioned, bean bags promote and encourage good and proper posture! If you are experiencing headaches, rounded shoulders, severe back and neck pains, and a potbelly, you likely have poor posture. At present, the sale of bean bags is because of three factors—affordability, aesthetics, and, most importantly, health. These chairs support the natural curves and movement of the body, making them great tools to achieve good posture, not only for the elderly!
>>Related articles that you may like:
- The 7 Best Tools To Improve Posture
- Are Exercise Balls Good For Posture?
- Are Posture Correctors Safe To Use?
- Are Pull-Ups Good For Posture?
- What Is The Best Posture Corrector For Women
Bean bags are fun, awesome things to have at home. They give color to a certain space. After reading this, I am sure you have answered the question, “Are bean bags good for posture?”
Always keep in mind to checking the following before buying bean bags: are they in the right size, do they look great, and most importantly, are they going to help my poor posture? Remember, relaxing on bean bags have disadvantages. But they also have more advantages, especially for posture-related problems.